Saturday, November 16, 2013

Keeping Bananas in Refrigerator - The results of the Day 1 to 7

      As I mentioned in my previous entry, I stored four wrapped bananas in refrigerator and two unwrapped bananas at room temperature to see how these banana would ripen differently. Let's see the results. :)


Day 1


     On the third day, I compared the bananas. The left banana was kept in refrigerator and the right one was stored at room temperature.

Day 3:   (Left) in refrigerator / (Right) at room temperature

     While the banana which was in refrigerator was still yellow and firm, the other one which was at room temperature had some brown spots.

Day 3:  (L) in refrigerator / (R) at room temperature


     On the fourth days, while brown spotted bananas which were at room tempreture smelled like sweet banana, ones in refrigerator didn't have any scent.

Day 4:   (L) in refrigerator / (R) at room temperature 


     On the fifth days, bananas at room temperature smelled sweeter than the previous day. The ones in refrigerator turned slightly brown.

Day 5:   (L) in refrigerator / (R) at room temperature
      I decided to peel the skins off.

Day 5:   (L) in refrigerator / (R) at room temperature
      While the banana in refrigerator was still firm and white color, the one at room temperature was pretty soft and partly brown.

Day 5:   (L) in refrigerator / (R) at room temperature
     I made banana bread with the crushed banana. :)



     On the seventh day, the left three bananas, which were kept in refrigerator, turned slightly browner than previous day. The other one, which was kept at room temperature, was half brown, and its skin slightly withered. It completely ripened and smelled very sweet. I peeled off two bananas' skin. The one in refrigerator was still firm, but the one at room temperature was nice and soft.

Day 7:   (L) in refrigerator / (R) at room temperature
     I made banana bread again. :)


     I only have two bananas which were kept in refrigerator now. However, I will keep updating how these would turn out in the next week.



     This is my previous entry how to keep bananas in refrigerator.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-keep-bananas-fresh-longer.html


How I Keep Banana Fresh Longer


No comments:

Post a Comment